Lead Cloud Engineer - Permanent Role
Posted on Feb 3, 2021 by Expert-Thinking (Consulting) Limited
Expert Thinking is a fast-growing cloud engineering consultancy - we've recently signed a number of new contracts - and now require an additional Lead DevOps Engineer. We recognise that our people are the key to our on-going success, and to that of our customers. We need exceptional individuals with significant hands-on experience as a senior/lead engineer in the Cloud space that want to take their career to the next stage in their personal development.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of five years' experience who has the ability to help deliver a world class service. The focus of the role will be designing and engineering IaC capabilities for the delivery of PaaS and IaaS services in Azure and AWS. This is very much a hands on role, so experience of engineering and development is needed. Specific role needs:
- Design and architecture experience within cloud services (Azure and ideally AWS).
- Hands on platform engineering experience across Azure services.
- Experience with administration of Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Advanced Scripting capabilities (BASH), ideally some familiarity and experience with PowerShell.
- Excellent IaC skills, in particular Terraform and Ansible.
- Expert knowledge DevOps methods/principles with a keen eye for security.
- API development would be a bonus.
If you are a talented individual with a proven track-record, and a passion for using your expertise to help others succeed on their cloud journey, we want to hear from you. You must:
- Be an excellent communicator, demonstrate at all times exceptional inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience of leading teams within an engineering environment.
- Be self-directed, motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision.
- Must be a detail-oriented, security conscious, and rigorous individual.
- Show self-confidence when dealing with senior management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to work effectively under pressure.
- Be a team player, keen to share knowledge and willingly assist fellow team members.
- Be able to work from home effectively but be prepared to travel to Europe occasionally, subject to relevant Covid restrictions.
Professional certifications are highly desirable, experience a must. This is a permanent role and for the right individual with excellent rates of pay, support for training and enhancement of technical skills, platform certification etc as well as flexible working in a collaborative, open and inclusive environment. Must be UK based.
Rate of pay: £80K+ for the right person.