Head of Solar Projects
Posted on Feb 3, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
Renewable Services Manager required to manage and develop our clients existing and future projects in the UK. The client is based in Central Scotland, however candidates from further afield who can work remotely will be considered.
The successful candidate will direct the Service Team from design and inception through commissioning and into operation in accordance with company standards. Experience of consenting, design and commercial issues in the Renewable Sector are essential, with Solar and/or Battery storage desirable, however Wind Industry experience would be considered.
The client has an existing Solar Portfolio and is looking to expand in this sector. You will be expected to contribute to and attract new business to the company, ideally from existing knowledge and contacts in the Renewable Sector.
General requirements for the role include, but are not limited to;
* Academic qualifications in a relevant energy / engineering discipline to HNC/HND/Degree/Postgraduate level.
* Chartered membership of a relevant professional association is desirable.
* The following accreditations and training are desirable: Training in solar PV, energy storage, EV charge point, etc; 18th Edition; CDM awareness; Health and safety qualifications; and Project management qualifications.
* Practical experience with a range of engineering and design software packages for the design and specification of solar PV and battery projects.
Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
* Demonstrable Onshore Renewable Project Management experience
* Complete work on several projects within short time periods through effective time management.
* Build strong working relationships (both internally and externally).
* Effectively manage sub-contractors to ensure timely delivery of works and value for money.
* Undertake critical reviews of third-party reports, drawings, specifications, designs, etc.
* Communicate progress to your line manager at agreed intervals.
* Support the consultancy team in the delivery of consultancy projects, as required.
You will receive a competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to work for an award winning and expanding Renewable Energy company with a strong team ethic.
For more information on the role contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy.