Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Mercator IT Solutions
My Client a digital marketing agency is in the hunt for a creative yet organised mind to join a busy Organic department as Content Manager. The ideal candidate is inherently creative, with a keen eye for design as well as a wicked way with words. In this role, you'll be responsible for defining powerful content strategies that are steered by organic objectives and targets, but which also evoke emotion and feeling, helping to communicate a brand's story and values in a way that appeals to the target audiences. You'll need to be confident in interpreting and reporting on the data too, translating business objectives into clearly defined metrics that will allow us to measure the success of our content campaigns, whilst also working alongside our technical SEO experts on keyword research, optimisation and auditing.
We think you'll need to have at least 2- 3 years of experience in content marketing, and you'll definitely need to be confident in client communication, as you'll be expected to present strategically to our clients' senior stakeholders as well as contribute to new business opportunities. A keen listener, you will be quick to pick up processes, get excited about detail and be naturally organised. This is a diverse and multi-faceted role in a fast moving department so we're looking for someone who feels at home managing multiple projects and responsibilities, whilst maintaining quality and creativity across all outputs.
You'll be working with some fantastic and varied brands, giving you lots of opportunity to develop and nurture your growing content marketing skills. And, as part of a close-knit, multi-disciplinary team, you will provide valuable input on campaigns that span all marketing channels.
Researching, defining and implementing integrated content strategies across our clients to support the overall account strategy and contribute to the delivery of agreed SEO and brand objectives.
- Auditing client and competitor websites to provide recommendations and opportunities for content performance improvements.
- Manage the creation and delivery of the department's roadmaps, ensuring resourcing needs and deadlines are met.
- Working with the wider content and creative teams to contribute to, and help develop, attention-grabbing campaigns in line with the client's brand spirit and guidelines.
- Interpret client briefs and requirements, and work with your team to go beyond the brief and push ideas and concepts to their full potential.
- Working with our brand team to define and interpret different audiences and helping to develop tone of voice guidelines.
- Working alongside SEO teams to create content that hits our SEO objectives, from visibility and traffic to internal linking and engagement,
- Managing our bank of freelance writers (our Scribblers) creating content production briefs, meeting deadlines, answering questions, proofing copy and ensuring all content produced is on brand and delivering against objectives.
- Working with our clients' content management systems (CMS), uploading and editing website content, and optimising existing content for organic visibility.
- Input into new business development and pitching.
- Working with our design team on page improvements and supporting the teams in terms of copy and when required rich content (imagery/videos).
Skills and experiences
Creative thinker, target driven and willing to get stuck in where needed.
- Experience working in an agency setting and managing content strategies, roadmaps, activities and deadlines.
- An understanding of the principles of SEO and ranking algorithms.
- A proven track record in setting, reporting and delivering against measurable objectives and KPIs.
- An extremely keen eye for detail.
- A talent for juggling multiple deadlines and tasks.
- A passion to produce beautiful things, whether that's through writing, photography, video or something else.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to generate unique ideas and articulate them to the team and our clients.
- Naturally organised with a logical, calm approach to projects and challenges.
- Previous experience using Google Analytics and other SEO tools such as AWR and SearchMetrics is desirable, but not essential.
Who we're looking for
Regardless of whether you get your kicks from a night in with a GA dashboard or you're an authority on acquisition, addmustard is built from individuals who love a challenge. For the most part, we don't just work with our entrepreneurial clients on individual campaigns or channels, but we immerse ourselves deeply into their businesses and work alongside them to solve fundamental commercial and digital challenges. Which means we need people who love to get right to the nub of a problem and ask the questions that others are avoiding, as well as offering the solutions that have yet to be thought of. We've built (and are very proud of) our completely flat and integrated organisational structure -we don't care where the good ideas come from, as long as they can be turned into something amazing and tangible.
Please get in touch if ........
You genuinely care about delivering results.
- You think outside the box is a complete cliché (but do it anyway).
- You're an expert in your field, but also love to look holistically across all channels and campaigns.
- You're hands on and not afraid to get stuck in.
- You're a passionate problem solver.
- You're dynamic.
- You're looking for a working environment where the whole team loves coming to work, supports each other and feels relaxed.
- The idea of socialising with colleagues doesn't fill you with dread.
In return for your experience, creativity and incredible mind, they will make sure you work with and are trained by industry experts at the forefront of digital marketing. The senior management is open, honest and transparent which means we regularly share financial, team, and client performance with the whole agency. You can choose the hours you work, provided they fit with our team and clients' requirements, and you'll enjoy a bi-annual training budget, generous pension scheme, free gym membership, and ride-to-work scheme. We also offer unlimited holiday. And no, that wasn't a typo.
Work with and be trained by industry experts at the forefront of digital marketing channels and platforms.
- Unlimited holiday.
- Flexi time: flexible working hours and work from home, unless you are required for an important meeting at addmustard's central Brighton office.
- £500 personal training budget, allocated every 6 months.
- Pension scheme, gym membership and ride to work scheme.
- Be part of an amazing, sociable and supportive team with far too frequent nights out/socials/Friday pizza and beers and of course our annual Christmas party abroad!
- Our senior management is open, honest and transparent. This means we regularly share financial, team, and client performance with the whole agency.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£20k - £20k Annual
£400 - £550 Daily
£25k - £35k Annual
£32k - £38k Annual
£32k - £38k Annual
£32k - £40k Annual