IT Release Manager
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Networkers
We are looking for a skilled, and experienced Release Manager to work within a successful Public Sector team in France. It is an exciting opportunity to work with a company that specialises in IT Security, where you will be providing operational management and evolve critical IT systems for internal security, border management and asylum management in EU.
Due to the nature of the work, we ask that the individual be Security Cleared, or eligible for clearance in the future. You must also be eligible to work in the EU.
Nature of Tasks:
- Act as a trustworthy advisor to the Contracting Authority, by making a feasible project plan that achieves the goals and objectives of the project and aligns with the organization's overall business strategy;
- Maintain overall responsibility for the execution of the Specific Contract;
- Report and present to the Contracting Authority project manager;
- Manage the design, development and implementation of software systems, including interoperability components, as per user-defined requirements;
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables;
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and track activities against the plan;
- Estimate time schedule, budget and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project as per agreed terms of reference;
- Be pro-active to resolve issues from a resource capacity and project deliverables viewpoint;
- Guide and support the team project activities, review their deliverables, and monitor and provide timely and accurate project progress reports to all stakeholders;
- Work in close relationship with the Lot 1 Programme Coordinator to allocate the best possible IT staff to the required roles, as well as with Contractors of other Lots to ensure smooth execution of all activities that involves participation of different Lots' Contractors;
- Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings;
- Monitor costs, schedule and resources used, and act where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensure that delivered Systems are implemented within these criteria;
- Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors;
- Provide effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience;
- Follow-up and manage the daily activities of the project;
- Make sure that the staff is trained according to the applicable methodology and to the quality and contractual processes; and
- Ensure that the security policies and ITSM or project processes, aligned with the Contracting Authority processes, are followed by its team.
Knowledge and skills:
- Consultative Project management in the IT software development and quality related areas;
- Ability to build a vision for the future based on his/her knowledge of similar programmes;
- Excellent knowledge of business process management, enterprise architecture and project management standards and methodologies, especially agile/scrum software development methodologies;
- Usage of Project Management tools. Willingness to use the Project Management tool as specified by the Contracting Authority;
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions;
- Excellent leadership qualities; and
- Ability to chair meetings and to give presentations.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.