Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Nicoll Curtin Technology
We are looking for a C++ Engineer for the Reporting & Data mart team whose key focus will be on creating, maintaining, enhancing, and building extensible and scalable core reporting system components. The successful candidate in this team will need to be multi-faceted with passion for different technologies and a desire to understand the business complexities to be able to craft simple and effective solutions that exceed end-user expectations and subsequently shape the future of the Core reporting and Data mart as it moves towards a more Real Time reporting and analytics platform.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new features and enhancements to the core reporting, data warehouse, and data mart systems
- Implement and maintain alerting mechanisms to ensure fast and accurate error detection in ETL pipelines and reporting infra
- Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of reporting infra and provide operational support as needed
- Own the automation of repetitive tasks and resolution of operational and production issues
- Identify and deliver engineering solutions for issues based on root cause analysis
- Own incident management and resolution
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and large scale data platforms
- Proficient in C++
- Proficient in SQL and data modelling
- Interest and inclination to develop needed skills in other languages and tools like Python, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, Snowflake, etc.
- Passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology, and inventing new approaches to hard problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Nice to have, but not mandatory: trade life cycle and operations reporting experience
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.