CTO / COO - UK & International Solar Projects
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Igloo3
CTO / COO - UK & International Solar Projects - base salary c.100,000 per annum + performance bonus to 100%. South West England (Bristol / Exeter)
This is a critical role for a well invested, integrated solar energy firm with a substantial pipeline of very large solar PV projects in the UK and abroad.
We're looking for a solar energy professional with outstanding technical, operational and leaderships skills to help drive the growth of this organisation who have recently secured significant growth capital.
The role will be largely office based in the Bristol / Exeter area on return to normal business operations (currently remote working) but will require travel within the UK and abroad to visit sites and partners.
The company is growing its pipeline internationally and expanding to support this with new offices in Spain and RSA.
The firm employs a high calibre team with in-house project development, ICP, EPC and O&M businesses.
You will lead on strategy for technical platforms, partnerships, and external relations and have broad responsibilities for growing and leading technical and operational capabilities in the UK and abroad, specifically developing and implementing processes which will ensure consistent high-quality delivery.
You're a high calibre professional engineer with extensive experience of the solar PV industry with high levels of energy and commitment and experience of managing high performing teams as well as designing and implementing best processes & practices.
You enjoy working to a high standard at a fast pace and you're excited by the scale of the challenge
It's very likely that you have held a senior technical role within a solar energy focussed EPC, ICP, project development firm or in an investment fund/asset owner.
* Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and with external stakeholders
* Identify, compare, select, and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
* Develop, track, and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
* Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
* Consolidate design platforms across territories
* Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics
* Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
* Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
* Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
* Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new projects and enhancements
Essential Skills & Attributes
* Previous experience as a Chief Technology Officer or similar role in the PV industry for at least 5 years
* Background in a growing business with a proven track record of introducing management systems
* Practical knowledge of Solar Farm design principles that includes civil, electrical, and mechanical
* Fully conversant with Solar Farm yield analysis and modelling
* Good understanding of high voltage systems, and design principles
* Detailed understanding and knowledge of all related technical standards and be fully conversant with detailed technical specifications, appendixes, and employer requirements
* Detailed knowledge and proven relationships with key equipment suppliers
* In depth knowledge and experience working with the DNOs (District Network Operators)
* Good understanding of local authority planning requirements relating to Solar Farm design and construction
* Hands on experience with complex project management
* Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
* Excellent organisational and time-management skills
* Able to attend offices in South West England regularly
* Comfortable with some business travel
* Previous / current experience living and working within the UK solar market
* Fluent English and right to work in the UK.
Competitive basic salary circa 100,000 plus discretionary performance bonus to 100% + benefits.