Principal Sustainability Consultant (Various UK Locations)
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Acre
Do you want to work with a specialist consultancy, who have undergone a major transformation over the last two years to become a sustainable technology organisation? Acre is supporting our innovative client in the search for a brand-new Principal Sustainability Consultant.
The company, with a successful track record of 10 years and a headcount of over 900 staff, have a reputation for solving some of the most complex technical challenges for clients in Government, Transport, Defense, Financial Services and Renewable Energy.
* Leading the strategic development of the group-wide sustainability vision
* Developing and delivering sustainability-focused consultancy to a range of clients
* Working with Government, Transport, Defense, Energy and Infrastructure Services
* Focusing on a range of topics, including new technologies, zero-carbon products, sustainable business models, alternative fuels and renewable energies
* Identifying and increasing the number and value of project across the business that has sustainability as a principle focus
You will focus on a range of projects, from working on climate change and environmental sustainability programmes through to retiring legacy assets as efficiently as possible. The role will sit in the organisations specialist environmental team, leading the development, implementation, and delivery of sustainable business strategies. You will be a technically savvy individual, who can go beyond sustainability strategy to implement innovative solutions to help organisations meet their sustainability commitments.
* A wealth of experience working across environmental and sustainability programmes
* Track record of working on projects focusing on the application of current/emerging sustainability business standards and expectations
* Strong subject matter knowledge across topics such as but not limited to, ESG, SDG goals, decarbonization, carbon accounting, climate resilience, materiality assessments and wider sustainability-focused topics
* Ability to advise c-suit clients on matters regarding both business and sustainability performance
* Commercial acumen with the ability to secure new business and retain key clients
This is a brilliant opportunity for a technical sustainability professional to work with some of the highest-profile programmes and organisations across the UK, looking to solve some of the most complex sustainability challenges we face. For more information about the organisation and the role please apply.