WIndows Server Migration Lead - Zinstall Experience ESSENTIAL
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Eolas Recruitment
My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced Windows Server Migration Lead to join their team for a 6-12 month contract with a view to extension.
Previous experience of migrating in large scale server environments using Zinstall Migration tool is a must. Applicants without this experience will not be considered.
This role offers a WFH element but candidates must be willing to operate from within Republic of Ireland, WFH from the UK will not be considered.
- The successful candidate will be partaking in a project where they will be migrating 600 Servers (Windows 2003 and 2008) to new 2016/2019 VM Servers. The 600 Servers in scope support 147 applications. This project is not responsible to upgrade applications, just the Servers.
- This candidate will own the migration process of the application from old to new Servers.
- This role will require a candidate who may need to be flexible in the scope of this role as the project evolves.
- Taking a leading hands on role in planning and executing the migration of Legacy 2003 and 2008 windows Servers to 2019, 2016 OS using a combination of Z-Install and IIS Easy Migration Tool.
- Audit and document Servers, Analyse Purpose and business function of Server, dependencies on other Servers and application interfaces.
- Plan Migration of Physical as well as VMWare Virtual Servers
- verify if the application will work or not on the new 2016/2019 OS prior to actual upgrade.
- Prepare documentation for change approval (runbooks, roll back plans etc.)
- Identify any required patches and Patch Legacy Server.
- Identify and implement any required workarounds.
- Perform Migration mainly using Zinstall and IIS Easy Migration Tool
- Trouble Shoot Migration related issues
- Provide positive and proactive participation within the team and active collaboration with colleagues across the Group as appropriate.
- Reports into Technical Lead
- For applications that are too old to work on the new 2016 OS we will need to ring fence them using the Symantec DCS. Not essential but is a bonus if candidate has this experience
This role offers an excellent daily rate for the right candidate. Should you be interested please apply now for immediate