Senior Contract Manager
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Procorre
Senior Contract Manager
Location: Bristol & Europe
This role will include working closely with teams from Construction, Operations, Legal, Insurance, Finance and Procurement, to ensure best in class Contract Management.
Being part of the O&M Services Team and reporting to the Lead Contracts Manager, the Senior Contract Manager will drive contract strategies, sourcing, negotiating and manage large offshore as well onshore contracts. The individual will be responsible for contractual & commercial risks and strive for optimising and driving the performance of each contract.
The individual will be working as part of a business with several global activities, which may require frequent travel to various locations in the UK and overseas. The role requires the individual to coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and teams working at different project locations.
* Drive negotiation and management of contracts for the Offshore O&M Services on projects worth more than AC;1 billion;
* Responsible for controlling of spend and contract budgets
* Single point of contact in-between the business and contractors
* Handling of invoices
* Provide strong contractual and commercial implementation of contractors reporting, collection of records as well as adequate administration of claims and variations for any event.
* Lead and coordinate advices on key commercial risks under existing supply contracts;
* Process claims-in following a controlled and agreed manner in accordance to Projects specifics;
* Assist in the handling of Defect Liability Period claims deriving from project's contracts;
* Monitor and anticipate claims made by contractors under the contracts and assist in developing mitigation strategies in line with the contract terms;
* Facilitate delivery of the project's interests in preparing for negotiations with the contractors;
* Support in negotiations of claims and variations with contractors;
* Undertake detailed contract reviews and analysis allowing wider team to better interpret and apply key contract provisions on the day-to-day operational clauses of the contract;
* Support in preparing notes of advice and commercial drafting on claims and variations;
* Make commercial recommendations to the Lead Contract Manager on commercial issues and risks arising in contracts;
* Support the projects package managers to negotiate and finalise contracts;
* Ensure SPR best practices and processes are implemented and applied in contract management ensuring involvement and interfacing with key company functions such as Purchasing, Insurance, Financial, Legal, etc.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with great negotiation and communication skills. A strong team player able to work with multi-disciplinary teams across the group.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with Offshore wind experience; experience of management approach in the offshore environment and cultural awareness.
* Minimum bachelor degree
* Experience within contract management, ideally within the energy sector.
* Strong ability to manage own performance, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes
* Strong in English, both verbally and written
* Good understanding of Health and Safety Principles and the compliance of Site Operations (understanding of how multiple contractors can work within a single work control framework)
* IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
* Flexibility to travel