Climate Action Lead
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Acre
The global climate crisis requires us to reduce global GHG to net-zero emissions by 2050 in line with the Paris 1.5 agreement; to do so whilst feeding 10 Billion people sustainably, is the greatest challenge of our lifetime.
With reach in over 60 countries as well as employing 62,500 globally, Olam's scope for impact on our global challenge is huge, and their leadership position across 47 different products means that they can set the pace for the 1.5C challenge for the entire sector. Olam have therefore set ambitious Science Based Targets to drive a reversal in GHG emissions growth through climate-smart, biodiversity-friendly agriculture and food systems.
Do you wish to be part of a newly created Climate Action team, that will grow and set the standard for Natural Climate Solutions projects in agriculture, from smallholder farming to high-tech agri industry and across landscapes, with the world's most ambitious agribusiness?
As the team's Climate Action Lead, you will be at the forefront of devising, driving and delivering projects that simultaneously provide climate, environmental and business value, fulfilling Olam's purpose to re-imagine global agriculture and food systems.
You will have the opportunity to:
* Lead Olam's portfolio of NCS programmes, whilst prioritising, budgeting and driving the implementation of both Group-wide and operation-specific NCS actions and projects
* Meet climate targets and generate value from emission reductions, avoided emissions and carbon removals/sequestration
* Lead on emerging NCS technologies, regulatory changes and innovative approaches that help deliver Olam's ambition
* Manage Olam's Climate Action team, whilst also building a culture of best practice to grow Olam's NCS expertise
* Work with customers and business units to develop commercial agreements, whilst working with a range of stakeholders (governments, multi-laterals, civil society, grant-making bodies) to form technical and financial partnerships that advance NCS
Olam's Climate Action Team will lead the business' efforts to grow an outstanding global portfolio of Natural Climate Solutions based around Olam's estates and farming operations, and across their highly diverse supply chains on a global scale.
You will have:
* Substantial experience in developing and/or delivering land-based GHG projects and programmes, preferably with agribusiness and forestry
* Significant climate-relevant policy development experience and a strong network with relevant regulators and agencies, finance organisations, NGOs and climate-focused alliances
* A practical understanding of current standards, tools, technologies and trends in GHG emissions measurement and accounting in relevant sectors
* Experience in managing complex projects within a large organisation and in partnership with multiple stakeholders
The Olam NCS portfolio will generate business value through verified carbon credits and SBT-linked GHG reductions, for use in Olam's internal carbon exchange, for sale in global carbon markets.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, please apply directly for more details or contact Nick Daniel at for more information.