Operations Manager Netherlands
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Procorre
Operations Manager Netherlands
The Operations Leader for the Netherlands is responsible for all resources and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers sites. These activities contribute to maintain, repair, upgrade and refurbish sold or existing products. This includes all types of maintenance services (i.e., preventive and corrective), managing maintenance facilities, and coordinate with field service engineering and other support functions as well as with the customer. You will support the engineering team on prototype validation. Driving operational excellence, quality and safety is key priority for this role. Also, the person shall act as day-to-day contact for the customer to represent the status of the wind farm, clarify technical issues and their resolution.
* Ensure operative compliance of all local regulations and directives for occupational safety and our safety at work guidelines
* Act as the single point of contact to the customer and internal functions (I.e., Engineering) for timely and satisfactory resolution of concerns covering a wide variety of support services offered for the various projects, especially with respect to performance of the WTGs including preparation, coordination and participation in regular area/site performance reviews.
* Functional Manager for the field operations team including the identification and management of resources demands (I.e., manpower, tooling, material) to cope with workload peaks and ensure appropriate qualification and training for field operations labor
* Ownership for technical issue escalation, performance and serviceability improvements
* Deliver and improve on area/site performance in terms of safety, cost, budgets, technical escalation and process compliance.
* Support global team with systemic issue identification, field solution implementations, factory cut-in, and overall customer communication
* Master Craftsman's Diploma, Certified Engineer or professional education in electro-mechanical or electrical sector with 3+ years of technical experience with Wind Turbines.
* Experience in project management principles, ability to forecast, plan and execute against plan
* Distinct quality and safety awareness, technology foresight in identification and solving of failures, deficiencies and issues.
* Ready to travel domestic and international
* Valid driver license
* Fluent English speaker
* 3-5 years' experience with Service on Wind Turbines
* The role can be based at any our office in the Netherlands, but it is expected to be present at site regularly and 100% site presence is required when executing test and validation plans on the prototype in other locations
* Significant experience in a relevant discipline of operations and management of offshore wind farms
* High motivation level; self-starter with strong leadership and communication skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan and execute programs
* Established project management skills