Finance Manager / solar PV asset management, UK market
Posted on Feb 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Finance Manager / solar PV asset management, UK market. Salary negotiable indicative range 40,000 - 50,000, + bonus. South Coast England (Home Based)
We are looking for a Finance Manager to manage all the financial needs of a small but growing asset management and project development firm who specialise in renewable energy. The role is home based but will require some occasional office work in Bournemouth (post COVID/when appropriate).
The company manages a significant portfolio of UK rooftop solar assets on behalf of institutional investors and is growing fast.
In addition to managing the internal finance function, you'll have a broader remit to provide commercial / financial support to the portfolio of assets under management so it's a very interesting, varied role with potential for rapid personal development.
If you want to make a real difference this could be the role for you.
You are a finance professional (probably a recently qualified or part qualified accountant or similar), maybe looking to move into industry and assume responsibility for the internal financial and asset management function within a fast developing business. If you have knowledge and experience within the solar energy or asset management sector, then so much the better.
To be considered for the position, you must be a fast and accurate individual that enjoys multi-tasking. In addition, you should possess the following capabilities and experience:
* Ability to work autonomously and proactively
* Strong results orientation and problem-solving skills
* Passion about excellent client service
* Diplomatic and engaging communication style with an ability to build positive relationships but challenge thinking when required
* Knowledge of Xero accounting software (preference) and Microsoft suite
* Right to work in the UK
* Have a sense of humour
* Be engaging
Key responsibilities will include:
* Produce monthly management accounts, including key business KPI's and analyse results and trends for the executive team
* Prepare the annual and monthly budgets
* Implement accounting guidelines and ensure compliance with statutory regulations
* Ensure robust financial systems and processes are in place
* Proactively input into how the business can improve, change and develop.
* Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
* Contribute to company financial strategy and decision-making process
In addition to the internal financial function, the role will also afford the individual an opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience of the renewable energy sector, delivering services to our institutional investors across multiple portfolios including:
* Operation and Maintenance (O&M) contractor management
* Management of contract counterparties including Feed in Tariff licenses, Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) off-takers, landlords and grid operators
* Regular reporting to investor clients
* Revenue and financial management of portfolios
* Identification of improvements to maximise portfolio performance Incident triage, escalation and monitoring
* Health and Safety monitoring of contractors
Good basic salary (negotiable based on value / experience but probably 40,000 - 50,000)- the client is flexible on salary and will consider more experienced, and also more junior applicants if they show lots of potential.
Please apply via Igloo3 - renewable energy & infrastructure recruitment specialists