Posted on Jan 31, 2021 by Networkers
Our client, a global IT Service Provider is requiring a Technical Writer to be based on site with their end client based in Brussels.
The suitable candidate must hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and be fluent in English (speaking and writing).
Only EU Citizens can be considered for this position, with British Citizens unable to currently be considered. Please do not apply if you are a British or non-EU Citizen.
Nature of tasks
- Writing user manuals (including end user guides, domain specific guides, guides for coordinators, 'how to' instructions, etc.)
- Writing on-line help
- Writing web documentation
- Preparing training materials and delivering training
- Revising and restructuring the IMI website
- Providing user assistance for newly launched policy areas
- Preparing newsletters and other communication documents The main task will be to produce documentation for the IMI system. There may also be occasion to produce documentation for some of the other single market tools.
Knowledge and skills
The following knowledge and skills are required:
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Ability to produce materials in clear, simple and concise English
- Knowledge in end user assistance for information systems
- General IT skills
- Knowledge of Wiki, and collaborative sites and social networks
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience working in a team
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings
- Good knowledge of presentation tools (eg PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of web languages or tools (eg HTML, Flash) The agent must be willing to learn and understand the extensive functionality and features offered by IMI and eventually other related applications.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's level or 3 years of higher education or an equivalent number of years of IT professional experience
- Minimum 8 years of IT professional experience
- Minimum 8 years producing software documentation
- Proven experience of producing high quality documentation in English
- Proven experience producing user documentation for web based applications
- Experience documenting administrative procedures
- Experience of producing documentation based on carrying out testing exercises
- Experience of Desktop publishing (eg Adobe InDesign)
- Experience managing internal and external translation services
- Experience of working in a multilingual/multicultural environment
- Experience using JIRA and other Atlassian products
Rate is €270 per day freelance. Contract for an initial 3 months.
A detailed CV formatting will need to be completed before application is submitted.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.