Network Engineer in Cork Ireland
Posted on Jan 31, 2021 by Ubique Systems UK Limited
Role: Network Engineer
Location: Cork Ireland
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: 55-65k Euros/Annum
Start Date: 1st April (Candidate should be ready to relocate cork after selection)
Mandatory skill sets:
- Proven experience in network and infrastructure principles and general network management best practices.
- Should have hands on experience on Data Centre work and LAN/WAN/Wireless troubleshooting.
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience in installation, configuration and supporting network equipment including Routers, Switches, WLAN controllers and APs, and other Network hardware devices.
- Hands on experience with Routers, Switches, Firewalls (Palo Alto, Net-Screen, SRX, CISCO IOS, CISCO Nexus, Arista and others).
- Proven experience with network services and dynamic routing (BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, VRF, HSRP, IPSLA,QoS, IPSec, SNMP, RADIUS, TACAS )
- Proficiency in Network Security concepts with proficiency in configuration of Palo Alto, Cisco and Juniper security products.
- Knowledge in implementing and supporting switched networks, including VTP, STP, HSRP, trunking, VLANS, port security and monitoring in a multi-vendor environment.
- Functional knowledge of ISP disciplines, including fiber optic cabling, labelling, and lacing conforming to telecom industry standards.
- Associate will be required to travel within UK & Europe on need basis for official purpose.
Nice to have skill sets-:
- Hands on experience in Security Policy, NAT rule and ACL implementation for multi-vendor platform (Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper SRX, Arista).
- Hands on experience to deploy VPN technologies (Site to Site & Client to side VPN).
- Troubleshooting experience in end user VPN issues.
- Experience in data centre policies and procedures follow customer and service provider standards.
- Strong Network experience and Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent.
- Ability to travel freely in EU & UK.
- Good communication skills and flexibility to support 24*7 operational environment to support on-call responsibilities.
- Participate in the supporting, planning, configuration, and deployment of client network environment.
- Handle Network Change Request support, including analysing, plan, review & implementation.
- Need to support campus/building networks & datacenter environment.
- Assist with recovery of data centre and equipment related to planned and unplanned power interruptions.
- Carry out the installations and documentation of networks infrastructure for staging and production environment.
- Detect and rectify the network faults to avoid the downtime.
- Monitor and respond to environmental, security, and equipment monitoring systems along with hardware and network repair.
- Ability to work multiple projects & Familiar with scope of work and project plans for the solution.
- Analyze and provide problem resolution to ensure timely delivery of hosting requirement