Lead Information Security Engineer (Dublin, Ireland)
Posted on Jan 30, 2021 by Nicoll Curtin Technology
I'm looking for Lead Information Security Engineer to join the Security Engineering team to work on a number of integration projects. The focus of the role is to help establish common security controls and operating practices across a new organization, to align with security standards.
- Review current security posture to identify areas of weaknesses or potential security risks.
- Propose security controls to remediate identified gaps, while facilitating smooth ongoing operations and processes.
- Influence the security design and architecture by recommending optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements for new or enhanced systems.
- Be Security Engineering's technical advocate to the acquired organisation, and facilitate the inclusion of other Corporate Security subject matter experts in system design.
- Maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers, and senior management.
- Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy including relevant practical experience.
- Demonstrate a broad awareness of security operations concepts and practices across all phases of the delivery life cycle.
- Experience providing security architecture advice for web based network environments and secure communication, including mobile applications, web applications and web services.
- Technical experience with integrating a range of security technologies.
- Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and guidelines such as ISO27001, PCI-DSS, NIST SP800-53, COBIT.
- Knowledge and some experience in the practical application of cryptography to protect data and communications, eg, encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS.
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
- Knowledge of challenges of deploying cloud services securely.
- Strong knowledge security operations and Integration in an enterprise environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Awareness of security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems. Possess a solid understanding of offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms.