Senior Software Engineer (UI) - Sandyford, Ireland
Posted on Jan 30, 2021 by Synergize Consulting Ltd
Currently have several opportunities for Senior Software Engineers, to assist my client with a 6 month opportunity due to commence ASAP and run until the end of June 2021, with view for possible further extension.
Please note, due to the current restrictions with travel etc, contractors will be based remotely until restrictions have been lifted; however the client has stated that the requirement is for all contractors to be based on site in Sandyford when available.
Due to this requirement, it would be beneficial if contractors lived within travelling distance of the clients location.
Please see key information as per the below, provided by the client for your review:
This Senior Software Engineer (UI) will be part of the Operations & Technology Fraud Products team developing new capabilities for the end client's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
- Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software.
- Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks.
- Shape and drive the adoption of UI technologies and practices across our teams.
- Assist with production support issues by acting as a subject matter expert in resolving incidents and problem tickets.
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with the client's standards, processes and best practices.
- Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities.
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
- Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
- Collaborate with vendor resources for support of products.
- Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to the client's staff.
- Provide technical training to the other team members.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
- Be an integral part of the Agile SAFe discover and elaboration sessions. Perform requirements and design reviews, peer code reviews and PCI security reviews to ensure compliance with the client's standards.
Key Skills & Requirements:
Top 3 Key Skills:
- UI focus on Angular v2
- Type Scripting
- Test own UI at unit level
- 8-12 years' experience in total, including 2+ years of specific focus on angular
- Deep knowledge of Agile software development processes.
- Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions.
- Essential Skills for the UI Web Development role:
- Expertise creating data-driven Single Page Apps (SPA) with Angular 2 or modern frameworks such as React + Redux.
- Expertise with HTML5, ES5+ES6 and/or Typescript, SASS and CSS3. Please note you will be working with TypeScript.
- Must have experience with SPA debugging and packaging
- Experience with Git and SVN
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of Matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
- End-end testing with Protractor
- Creating SPA build scripts with NodeJS, NPM and Gulp
*Synergize Consulting is an equal opportunities organisation.*