Senior Manager, Talent Initiatives
Posted on Jan 29, 2021 by Greater Cleveland Partnership
Supports GCP's business workforce engagement efforts and aggressive focus on skills-based workforce initiatives, with a heavy emphasis on apprenticeship and internship initiatives covering the school to adult training continuum. Understands skills-based sourcing and drives promotion of these protocols among more Northeast Ohio employers. Promotes pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship and internship expansion among employers as a workforce solution. Supports cross-sector skills-based talent solution collaboration with community partners. Supports the GCP Talent team in working collaboratively with community partners with direct links to youth and adult job seekers to raise awareness of the value of pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship and internship opportunities. Assists GCP Talent in external and internal communicating of current workforce efforts, as well as results, through content creation.
- Builds and maintains a living inventory of Northeast Ohio apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship and internship opportunities and the companies leveraging them
- Works collaboratively with the Senior Director, Talent Solutions to research, promote and implement skills-based talent models designed to assist employers in creating a strong talent pipeline
- Supports the Senior Director, Talent Solutions in the development and implementation of a system to track and aggregate the data measuring the number of candidates hired through skills-based sourcing
- Maintains a current database of public and private financial resources available to employers to cover or subsidize the costs of supporting apprenticeships, pre-apprenticeships, internships and other skills-based initiatives.
- Maintain inventory of workforce services available to employers from the community's workforce ecosystem in various formats (database, written materials, etc.) and provide awareness and navigation support for GCP members as directed by the Senior Director, Talent Solutions.
- Coordinate awareness and implementation of skills-based talent initiatives with other GCP departments/divisions, as necessary
- Remain current on skills-based talent initiative research and policy
- Support Talent team's data collection, aggregation and performance reporting efforts
- Work with internal and external partners to promote skills-based learning initiatives and other talent programming through content creation for electronic communications and social media
- Provide support to senior director, early talent and senior director, tech talent on skill-based talent initiatives, as necessary
- Other job-related duties as assigned
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with, and passion for, the design and functioning of Northeast Ohio's workforce ecosystem and relevant players
- Workforce-related program design and implementation
- A minimum of three to five years of direct experience working with employers to address workforce needs
- Experience in successfully staffing volunteer leadership convenings and committees
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and internal and external clients simultaneously
- Desktop computer application knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and Microsoft Outlook
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate related field or, in place of a degree, additional substantial workforce-related work experience