Video Engineer (CDN, DASH, HLS)
Posted on Jan 29, 2021 by Connect 44 AG
Video Streaming Engineer-contract role in Zurich
Be a part of the local technical services delivery team as a Video engineer and provide technical solutions and services according to customer requirements
- Be responsible for assigned tasks, such as integration, testing, reporting, operation & maintenance.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for technical risks/issues of our video/audio systems and equipment.
- Understanding of Video encoding and distribution technologies - CDN, DASH, HLS, MPEG, ABR, DRM
- Understanding of common video services and features - Live TV, timeshift, recordings, VOD, metadata
- Experience with UI and device testing. Understanding of test book preparation/execution and Jira management
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure elements and technologies - Servers, storage, network, OS
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, IP, HTTP, and familiar with network analysis tools (eg Wireshark)
- Self-motivated, proactive and target-oriented
- High flexibility and able to manage multiple tasks