Premier Physicians - Nurse Practitioner
Posted on Jan 29, 2021 by Premier Physicians Centers
Premier Physicians is looking for a Full Time Nurse Practitioner!
Responsible for providing primary care services, including accessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards and practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Administers prescribed medications, injections and treatments in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
- Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Dispenses medication as directed.
- Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Ensures appointment preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination.
- Screens patients for appropriation information.
- Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Maintains/reviews patient's records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as required and assists others as needed.
Current State RN License
BSN, MSN preferred
Minimum of one year professional nursing experience. .
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
1. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
2. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
3. Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
1. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
2. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
3. Ability to communicate clearly.
Premier Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer