Data Modeller - Data Vault 2.0
Posted on Jan 28, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Data Modeller - Data Vault 2.0/Belgium (Remote during pandemic)/6 months/Start ASAP
* 10+ years of IT exp with 6+ in Datamodelling experience
* Expert in Data modelling: Data Vault 2.0, Dimensional modelling & 3NF modelling
* Expert in Modelling on cloudera platform using Data vault, Dimensional Modelling
* Ability to engage with business stakeholders
* Structured approach to Business requirement gathering
* Ability to break down business requirements into KPIs, Dimensions and Facts
* Design experience in ER diagrams, logical model (relationship, cardinality, attributes, and candidate keys) and physical database creation (capacity planning, object creation and aggregation strategies) as per business requirements.
* Experience in Data Catalogue and Lineage implementations
* Proficient in ETL architecture, Data warehousing patterns (Kimball/Inmon etc)
* Working knowledge of Datamodelling tools ie Wherescape 3D, SAP Powerdesigner, Erwin
* Expertise to work closely to define the data strategies and build data flows between source and target
* Knowledge of T-SQL and associated performance tuning
* Snowflake/Teradata/Azure Synapse
* Can work efficiently in collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
* Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Role and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for design, develop and deploy database models for application development to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
* Work closely with business and application development team to develop, define and maintain different abstract layers of data models like conceptual data model, logical data model etc.
* Perform data analysis and data modelling for operational application and analytical databases
* Conduct Datamodelling JAD sessions and communicate data-related standards.
* Identify different SOR's and the related entities and attributes to map to target data models
* Work closely with Business Information Architects and other technical and business architects to enable the development of the Integrated Information Capability Roadmap.
* Identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain.
* Provides consulting and guidance regarding the usage of the enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
* Suggest and implement improvements in architecture, team processes and functions.