Digital Services Administrator
Posted on Jan 27, 2021 by Lakes College West Cumbria
DIGITAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Salary: Up to £31,530 dependent upon qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will provide administration and maintenance of all College IT systems, ensuring that operational systems are correctly specified for purpose and lifespan.
You will support the Digital Services Manager in ensuring that both external and internal network security is effective and applied at the correct level. You will ensure that the College networks (wired and wireless) are maintained and secured, within technical and cost constraints, to ensure they meet user and system requirements, and that traffic flow is optimised and network bandwidth is effectively used.
You will have experience of the following: -
- Maintaining and administering IT infrastructure and services
- Frontline helpdesk and back-office support, including hardware and software
- Working knowledge of virtualisation, VMWare or equivalent
- Windows Server 2016 / 2019
- Windows 10
It would be advantageous that you have: -
- Scripting and automation tools, e.g. C#, .NET, VBScript and PowerShell
- Experience of configuring and deploying systems
- Experience in systems development
- Process improvement methodology
- Experience of working in an education environment
It is essential that you possess a degree in a numerate, business or computing subject or qualified through demonstrable work experience and success.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20 January 2021 (12:00 noon)
Interview Date Thursday 28 January 2021 (Remote Assessment)