Senior Project Officer (Communities Prepared)
Posted on Jan 26, 2021 by CHM Recruit
ROLE: Senior Project Officer (Communities Prepared)
SALARY: Circa £26,000 FTE per annum (Actual £10,400 - £15,600)
HOURS: 15-22.5 hours per week, flexibly worked throughout the week
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term to October 7th 2021, with possible extension for further 2 years
OPERATIONAL AREA: West of England
LOCATION: Bristol or home working considered
This organisation is looking for a Senior Project Officer to work in the Communities Prepared team. Communities Prepared is a ground-breaking step forward for community resilience for emergencies by empowering and mobilising community emergency volunteers.
The Senior Project Officer will focus on developing a sustainable business model that builds on the legacy of the programme. To undertake this role, you will have a good knowledge of local authorities and how they work to support their communities, with a particular focus on community resilience. You'll be an excellent communicator and be able to persuasively work with partners.
- Develop a sustainable business model for Phase III of the Communities Prepared programme, alongside the Programme Manager
- Use various tools to understand the marketplace, the communities they work with and potential partners to ensure the new business model meets the needs of communities across the country
- Pilot the audit model with communities engaging with Communities Prepared, gathering feedback and monitoring and evaluating its success
- Identify and secure funding opportunities for the programme, working collaboratively with their Development team to write bids and tender responses
- Identify and manage corporate partnerships to support Communities Prepared
- Establish connections and manage relationships with Local Authorities, Parish and Town Councils, and resilience networks
- Develop a database to track engagement and progress of community engagement according to the business model
- Depending on COVID-19 restrictions, travel nationally to meet the above duties
In return we offer:
- 25 days FTE per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
This charity are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. In line with their Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check.
Closing Date: Sunday 21st February 2021
Interview Date : w/c 1st March 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer's website where you can complete your application for this position.
This organisation are committed to transforming people's lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects they work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
They are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, they have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. They shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
This is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of their Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.