Infrastructure Design Architect
Posted on Jan 25, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Red Commerce has a direct end client that is looking for a Infrastructure Design Architect for a remote contract job opportunity. With the growth in production business there has been a large increase in Supply Chain IT infrastructure projects. This team owns the infrastructure architecture design including managing project priorities. IT teams can purchase, plan, and build to the designs produced for the supply chain IT infrastructure projects
- More than 10 supply chain IT infrastructure projects going live over the next 6 -32 months range from minor expansion to existing facilities to totally new sites being built with the whole build-out required and ultimately handing those designs off to another team to build and support.
- A large component of specialty is determining the split between leveraging the cloud and on-premise for supporting a production environment's needs.
- Additionally, this will require experience and knowledge navigating the politics of Confidential and Proprietary of a large global organization - from driving engagement around the project to socializing designs among multiple stakeholders.
- Typical days will be split with 4-5 hours of meetings and 3-4 hours of design, documentation and paperwork.
Skills & Experience
- Required Skills
- PLC and HMI coding
- Automation and controls network design
- Cisco Networking
- Windows Server + Desktop OS
- VMWare vSphere/Hyper-V design and management
- Knowledge of Firewall policies and network security
- Able to design large scale fault -tolerant IT environments for manufacturing systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Preferred Skills
- Factory IOT devices
- AHV Hypervisor
- Nutanix hyper-converged solutions
- Azure PaaS and IaaS technologies
- Silver peak or similar SD-WAN solutions
- Experience Required
Confidential and Proprietary
- IT infrastructure architecture experience in a large, global organization
- Experience Preferred
- Architecting and building production floor IT infrastructure for a factory or production environment, ownership of highly available environments, root cause analysis
Please send your resume in word form to: (see below)