Linux Systems Engineer - Belgium
Posted on Jan 24, 2021 by ComTech Europe Limited
Must be based onsite in Belgium.
Within the team you will be working as a Linux systems engineer with primary focus on the maintenance, management, expansion and onboarding of the Linux stac at group.
You'll immediately get operational tasks and ditto responsibilities so you will be able to get familiar with the systems and grow into the job.
You will collaborate within a team in a challenging and constantly changing environment.
Responsibilities - expanded
The Team's tasks & responsibilities:
-Design, build and promote our Linux stac to the rest of the organization, next to the other tools of the HPC platform
-Follow up the market about security tools and share experiences.
-Follow up security recommendations (proactively and reactively) and minimize or mitigate the operational risks.
-Capture the needs of our internal customers and reflect the findings to our domains.
-Implement and maintain the Linux environment in BE
Needed Qualifications - expanded
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 5-7 years work experience on enterprise scale
- Good Linux skills and interested of 1 or more of the other key technical aspects and domains and technologies
- Solid understanding of security and networking implementation and best practices.
- Experience in Scripting is a must.
- Automation in the job is key. (eg: powershell, python, ansible, )
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You're assertive, convincing and diplomatic at the same time.
- You have strong organizational and self-management skills.
- You love taking ownership and you have a high level of autonomy
- You also have strong communication skills due to the fact you will interact with a lot of colleagues within the entire organization.
- You love working in projects and are able to collaborate on a professional and constructive way in a time critical environment.
- You demonstrate ability to complete highly detailed tasks with strict attention to detail, quality and timelines.