Network Security Engineer
Posted on Jan 24, 2021 by Facebook
Facebooks Network Security team is seeking an experienced engineer to help secure the infrastructure that connects over a billion users. You will be responsible for building, implementing and operationally supporting network security efforts throughout our network. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to help protect our infrastructure and our users. This candidate should thrive on finding security issues and eradicating them as well as a desire to make life hard for the bad guys. With focuses that range from large scale DDoS, detection, security tool development, defense against internal and external attacks theres lots of room to push your skill set further.
* Iterate network security posture to better protect against attacks and detect new vectors
* Lead network efforts to mitigate and investigate security incidents
* Develop automation and utilize frameworks to scale both protection and mitigation tools
* Evaluate and test new vendor and in house network initiatives for security issues
* Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross functional work with engineering teams throughout Facebook
* Keep Facebook safe through active operation and defense of critical network infrastructure
* 3+ years of experience in offensive/defensive security, or systems engineering
* Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching), and Unix based systems
* Experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
* Experience designing and building out application and network security monitoring to aid in detection or forensic investigations
* Development experience in at least one programming language (Python, Go, etc.) with experience applying that to security tool development, automation and overall programmatic solutions that will be used to defend infrastructure
* Strong understanding of host and network based access controls
* Expertise in understanding threat models to better protect against attacks or detect new vectors
* Experience leading network efforts to prevent, mitigate and investigate security incidents
* Develop automation and utilize frameworks to scale both protection and mitigation tools beyond doing everything manually or repetitively (ex. I process/make firewall changes, vs. I built or used a system to scale and make multiple changes)
* Experience evaluating and testing new vendor platforms and in house network initiatives for security issue
* Experience mentoring and evangelizing security practices through cross functional work with engineering teams
* Experience leveraging layered security models to defend critical network infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.