Renewable Development Director (Remote)
Posted on Jan 22, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
Renewable Energy Development Director needed to oversee and coordinate Onshore Projects for our client in the Renewable Energy Sector. Due to the nature of the role remote working will be considered with occasional travel to the clients Edinburgh Head Office.
Candidates must have similar experience managing a team in the development of wind and/or solar projects at senior level. This should include dealing and negotiating with landowners and the national grid and ideally managing sites of 50mw output or above, however experience with smaller sites would be considered.
Essential skills needed include;
* Previous successful experience in the development of one or more of the following technologies: commercial scale wind or solar parks.
* Experience and responsibility for delivering complex development projects at various stages.
* Experience of dealing with planning authorities and other project stakeholders, including landowners, project contractors, external consultants and development partners.
* Experience of the commercial and financial drivers of a project and able to understand / develop project focussed financial models.
* Strategic planning, commercial acumen and understanding of consenting and grid connection process, the renewables market and funding options.
* Proven and demonstrable leadership, negotiation and relationship building skills. The expectation will be for the successful candidate to set a clear strategic vision and plans for the development projects, grow the business and inspire the team under your remit.
You will be joining an established Renewable Developer with ambitious plans for the coming years and will benefit from a competitive salary and several benefits.
For more information and to apply, please contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy, Edinburgh.