Enterprise Programs Portfolio Manager
Posted on Jan 22, 2021 by TalentBurst, Inc.
Job Title: Enterprise Programs Portfolio Manager
Contract: 12 months (Possible contract to hire)
Location: Anywhere in US, preferably Mountain or Pacific Time Zone
The Enterprise Programs team manages large-scale change initiatives within the Office of the CEO. Partnering with several cross functional teams, the Enterprise Programs team is responsible for developing our current and next generation processes and systems roadmap and overseeing global integration.
The Enterprise Program team has an exciting opportunity to lead an Enterprise Programs PMO center-of-excellence accountable for the business side of portfolio prioritization, E2E UAT, program execution and project management methodology. The team manages particularly complex, cross-functional projects and will create a set of templates and practices to standardize how Client manages and reports on projects throughout the company.
The Enterprise Program Portfolio Manager will need to be a very seasoned Project Management Professional who knows what it takes to implement standards and processes throughout an enterprise. This individual is well versed in Change Management, can mentor and guide individuals throughout the project life cycle, and can help develop our quarterly prioritization process.
Our vision is to be the catalyst for change to enable continuous improvement and process transformation for our customers and our employees by:
Driving cultural change in how we analyze problems, improve processes, prioritize our portfolio and lead projects
Finding the balance between improving our current process and systems versus investing in the future gen
Leading quantifiable projects and making data driven decisions to make an impact on key business objectives
Help define different types of projects both traditional waterfall and agile based on size (cost, resource requirements, duration) across Client.
Define a project framework including phases and required deliverables based on size.
Help formulate templates that correspond with deliverables (that will work for the Client culture).
Create a central repository so that stakeholders know where to go to get the information needed to execute projects at Client.
Change Management ensure leadership buy-in, communications, and training plans are all in place in order to rollout changes in an efficient and effective manner.
Help spearhead an ePMO Council kick off council, facilitate meetings, deliverables, set expectations, etc.
Provide a mindset of continuous improvement that is start small, prove success, and build on it.
Help develop requirements to implement a PPM tool. Participate as a key stakeholder in the project.
Help support planning processes drive cross functional teams to come up with an annual roadmap
Help define success criteria for the ePMO and corresponding portfolios
Assist in or Agile Transformation and provide guidance where appropriate
Provide training as needed. Host lunch and learns and can serve as a SME to those who require additional 1 on 1 help.
* PMP and CSM certifications required
* Excellent project management and process mapping skills
* Strong critical thinking and communication skills
* Experience working for a Global organization across multiple functions & regions
* Highly organized and ability to prioritize
* Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills
* Highly pro-active & ability to work independently
* Enthusiastic and a passion to learn and develop
* Experience participating in cross functional workshops or kaizen events
* Fluent English language skills (both verbal and written)
* Lean Six Sigma certification or experience preferred
* Experience leading cross functional workshops
* Experience with MS Visio and MS project preferred
* Experience with Tableau
* Experience with PPM tools
* 10+ years of experience in related field preferred