Senior Business Analyst - Credit Risk/Wealth Management
Posted on Jan 22, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zurich, we are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with Credit Risk and Wealth Management experience.Overview of business area or project:
- The European Banking Authority (EBA) in response to the European Council's 2017 Action Plan on tackling the high level of non-performing exposures developed the Guidelines on Loan Origination and Monitoring (EBA LOM). These guidelines aim to prevent newly originated loans from becoming non-performing in the future.
- The EBA LOM guidelines provide for comprehensive amendments to credit granting and monitoring governance arrangements and procedures relating to prudential, consumer protection, sustainability, AML, and various other topics. Also, these guidelines require i.a. the set-up of a data infrastructure supporting single customer view for the purpose of borrower's creditworthiness assessment and risk monitoring.
- The application of the EBA LOM guidelines to new loans and advances will apply from 30 June 2021. However, Institutions will be allowed to address possible data gaps and adjust their monitoring frameworks and infrastructure until 30 June 2024.
- Assess identified gaps between given regulatory guidelines and internal policies, processes, and infrastructure and drive mitigation/closure activities
- Support workshops with senior stakeholders
- Identify, analyse, and mitigate risks and issues impacting project delivery
- Support the overall project delivery to ensure all requirements are properly addressed
- Provide regular updates to project management
- Other ad hoc tasks as appropriate
- 7 years of Business Analysis experience within Wealth Management
- Excellent understanding of credit risk from a policies, process, and data perspective (proficient understanding of F2B processes, systems, data, calculations, and current regulatory requirements for credit risk functions in an international setting)
- Good understanding of Mortgages and Lombards
- Able to quickly identify gaps and inconsistencies, and to address detected issues in a concise and timely manner
- Experience and understanding of recent EBA guidelines and regulations
- Strong knowledge of banking data structures and concepts
- Competent to communicate solutions and proposals in English (both written and verbal) in a clear and concise manner
- Reliable, analytical and flexible personality with a structured and analytical approach
- Pragmatic, "can-do" attitude and ability to work independently under tight timelines
- Solution oriented and self-motivated, resilient, with ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Experience in interpreting banking regulations
- Fluent in German
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse.