Full Stack Engineer
Posted on Jan 15, 2021 by Orum
Founded by former fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash, Orum is building a financial infrastructure layer that will open up immediate, 24/7 money movement to the world. Orum's flagship product is a predictive funds availability model for ACH transactions. This turnkey enterprise API integration reduces costly returns tied to insufficient funds and affords a greater degree of flexibility with consumer ACH transactions.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity to have a direct impact into software systems built from the ground up. Our full stack engineers build applications and tools for our customers to experience the power of our intelligent systems first hand. Data is a primary driver of our business value, and developing software that provides insight into data and models drives key success for our company.
Elegant and easy-to-use software is necessary to deliver value to all customer needs, whether they are developers building on our APIs or analysts evaluating the efficacy of the deployment. We work on cloud infrastructure, follow event-driven paradigms, and embrace serverless stacks where appropriate. The ideal candidate can design, architect and code performant software that is deployed to the cloud. You will have an opportunity to make decisions about the technology components we build on as well as design patterns for organizing our code.
As part of a small but growing engineering team, you will also help create the engineering culture and values at Orum. We strive to have a strong, deliberate culture defined around continuous learning, autonomy and ownership, and acknowledgement of failure. You dont need to match our practices and culture, as youll help to define it. We pride ourselves on diversity and creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons.
Responsibilities for the Full Stack Engineer
* Write clean, readable and testable code, and refactor code as capabilities evolve
* Participate in code reviews among peers to maintain a high level of quality and comprehensible code
* Influence the design of interfaces and payloads to power fast and responsive user experience
* Take end-to-end ownership over front-end systems, including internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing delivery pipelines, extending the application stack for better performance and observability, etc.
* Maintain applications across multiple environments from development to production
* Provide technical guidance in technical experiments and projects and participate in developing our product and software roadmaps
* Professional experience across the software development life cycle, from ideation to coding to production
* Familiarity with and interest in cloud computing, serverless application stacks, and managing infrastructure through code
* Familiarity with HTTP request lifecycles, and browser optimizations for page load times and rendering
* Working SQL knowledge is not required, but a plus
* Strong analytic skills related to working with large code bases
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
* Familiarity of software development principles such as agile software development, git flow, test-driven development, etc.
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.