Data Engineer (Python/PySpark)
Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by Stamford Consultants AG
Title: Data Engineer (Python/PySpark)
Duration: 6 - 12 months contract (with option of extension)
We are currently recruiting a Data Engineer (Python/PySpark) for a top tier global organisation based in Zurich with extensive experience implementing data processing solutions using PySpark.
You should be someone who has more than 5 years of experience in building enterprise-grade software using Python, PySpark, SQL and related technologies. You should be able to take ownership of multiple projects and work with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding client requirements and developing features to enhance the product.
- Closely working with different teams to conceptualize, design, and build highly scalable and reliable software solutions.
- Supporting stakeholders with data-related/technical issues
- Design, develop and maintain scalable data transformation pipelines
- At least 5 years' experience working with large scale software systems
- Proficient in Python/PySpark (Scala is a plus)
- Understanding of databases and SQL (Azure DWH experience is a plus)
- Ability to securing and working with large data sets on enterprise data platforms and distributed computing (Spark)
- Familiarity with applying automated testing
- Practical experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Are you a driven Data Engineer looking for a new project? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application.
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to the website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.