Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by Fattmerchant
Orlandos fastest growing payment technology company!
Why Youll Love Fattmerchant:
First and foremost, Fattmerchant exists to provide the Best Damn Experience to both our customers AND our people. We do this through building an exceptional product that our customers need to grow their business, the highest customer satisfaction rating in the industry, and three strong core values that we live and breathe every day.
We all possess a team over self attitude and are all aligned towards the overall mission of the company
Get Shit Done:
We believe in being the best version of yourself within a results-focused work environment
Its one thing to just be polite and enjoyable (permission to play), but we take it a step further by sparking joy and happiness across our team members and our customers
These are the values that define who we are, and which have empowered our staggering growth since our founding in 2014. Its exciting to be Central Floridas 3rd Fastest Growing Company!
Fattmerchant has seen exceptional year-over-year growth because of our dedication to building powerful integrated payment solutions for SMBs, and for our partners who serve SMBs. We started with the idea that businesses deserve better, and Fattmerchant employees are committed to bringing a truly exceptional payments experience to business owners across America.
Were redefining an industry that is known for excessive fees, being difficult to understand, and for having subpar technology. Its not always easy, but weve seen the fruits of our efforts through our 99% customer retention rate, NPS score that breaks industry records, and employees who are always happy to step through the door and tackle the day with the best team out there. Were proud to be recognized for our excellence in technology, work environment, and entrepreneurial spirit, with such honors as 2018 and 2019 Best Fintech to Work For from PaymentSource, Coolest Office Space from Orlando Business Journal, and one of Entrepreneur Magazines 2018 Top Company Cultures. Not to mention countless acknowledgements in technology, innovation, and leadership from publications across the industry.
*As part of our interview process, we will be using a video interviewing platform, Spark Hire. The video interviewing platform will allow our hiring team and candidates to connect more quickly without the pressure of synchronizing calendars for our initial phase of candidate assessments. Our goal with the video interviewing portion of our hiring process is to learn more about your personality and previous work experience.
As the Sr. Engineer/Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a variety of team members involved in several products at once for various platforms and services. This is a technical leadership role responsible for assisting at any technical capacity within the team to unblock and enable engineers and QA personnel. This person works to set standards and procedures with the team. This experienced engineer should be a great culture fit who is passionate about the team members success and the technology behind each product. Openness and vulnerability is a must-have.
What Youll Do:
* This person is the resident technical expert on the team
* Execute the plans set forth by the CTO & Director of Technology on a technical level
* Sets standards and procedures for the team to follow
* Researches new technology and best solutions for each problem
* Collaborate closely with other teams including Marketing, FInance, BizDev, and Operations
* Support and troubleshooting issues with existing code
* Assist heavily in product releases, revisions, patches and code reviews
* Make decisions backed up by usage data and reporting tools
* Keep products up to date with new technology
* Understands and improves all code bases currently under development
* Understand the role of DevOps for releases and monitoring
* Other duties as assigned
* Superb verbal and electronic communication skills
* Leads by example
* Frontend and Backend Web Development Technologies
* Experience with leading a technology team
* Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
* Security principles and architecture
* Experience with DevOps - prefer AWS
* Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Typescript, NodeJS, Bash, PHP) is a requirement
* Experience with PHP, React, Typescript, NodeJS, MySQL
* Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
* Comprehensive voluntary benefits
* Competitive Base Salary
* 4% 401K Match
* Conference & Continuing Education Coverage
* Team Building Events/Opportunities
* Downtown Parking
* Unlimited PTO
* Free snacks + Coffee
We strongly believe in the value of having a diverse team and actively work to maintain an inclusive environment. We encourage BIPOC, and candidates of any gender and orientation to apply!
Fattmerchant is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.