Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by AmpThink
We are seeking an individual with senior level accounting experience to help execute and oversee all accounting activities. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The selected candidate will act as as subject matter expert ("SME"), supporting a cross-functional customer experience ("CX") team responsible for the generation of sales support documents, executing purchases, billing clients, and recording vendor invoices. As the accounting SME you will ensure that the CX Team's data entry responsibilities are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
In addition to acting as the company's accounting SME, the selected candidate will collaborate with the CFO to deliver period-end financial reporting. The reporting function will require that the staff accountant perform tasks that include:
* Inventory maintenance (e.g. cycle counts)
* Period-end journal entries and account analysis
* Period-end bank reconciliations
* Period-end sales tax filings
* Forecasting and budgeting
* Project cost accounting and analysis
The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic, growing company that has established a dominant position in the sports and entertainment industry. The Staff Accountant will support a team that has delivered information technology systems to over 80 of the highest profile venues in North America. Our work includes a committed backlog of projects that extend into 2024, offering the opportunity to engage with some of the most powerful brands in the world.
* The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* The desire to be part of a collaborative organization.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Experience using Quick Books (Enterprise preferred).
* Strong data preparation and presentation skills.
* Detailed oriented problem solver.
* Hands-on, personable, thoughtful and outcome focused
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
* 3 or more years of accounting experience as a Junior Accountant
* Desire to progress to Senior Accountant and/or Assistant Controller
AmpThink offers benefits which include 3 weeks of paid leave per year, 8 paid holidays, health insurance (PPO) premium paid in full for employees, and a Simple IRA retirement savings plan which matches dollar for dollar up to 3% of employee's annual salary. Our AmpForce program allows employees to use 3 paid workdays to work for a charity or non-profit of their choosing. Our AmpThink gear program allows employees to select AmpThink logo gear each year. AmpThink employees also have access to optional, voluntary group benefits such as dental, life, disability, and financial planning.