Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Manager
Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Manager. This person will manage 3 people and they will have an emphasis on Disaster Recovery along with business continuity. They will make sure the client is all up to date with their DR plans and following those plans. This role will be switching off from being in Lake Forest, IL and Chicago, IL during the week.
- Manage the Business Continuity Management Program within WWG and facilitate the improvement and maintenance of the underlying disciplines, taking into account best practices, industry standards and critical areas of focus for WWG.
- Responsible for assessing organizational risk and recommending appropriate BC/DR strategies via a Business Impact Assessment to ensure compliance with business objectives and regulations.
- Manage testing and training exercises for all Company entities as defined by Executive Leadership.
- Responsible for the governance, availability and accuracy of BC/DR plans and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring BC/DR plans are updated and improved to meet Company's needs and validate those plan changes with live tests and tabletop exercises with various areas of the global business, and are based on relevant Business Impact Assessments (BIAs)
- Responsible for the management of the Emergency Notification System (ENS).
Principal Duties Responsible for all BCM training programs & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all BCM training programs including Business Impact Analysis, Business Continuity (BCP) Plans/Testing, Disaster Recovery (DR) Plans/Testing, Emergency Notification Systems (EMS), and the coordination of the Business Continuity Coordinators (BCC) network.
- Work with Leaders to ensure an understanding of risk areas and the importance of BC/DR planning.
- Responsible for BC/DR Internal Audit and regulatory compliance obligations.
- Present to leadership findings and results of risk analysis, tests and assessments.
- Work with global business unit leadership to establish programs within their organizations to facilitate the assessment, planning and testing of BC/DR efforts.
- for all WWG departments and locations documenting any gaps discovered and facilitating closure.
- Responsible for BC/DR support and oversight for the WWG key locations.
- Leads periodic call notification tests with all departments, including C-level executives.
- Effectively manage a budget that meets the goals and objectives of the BC/DR function as required by the business.
- Serve as the executive advisor for all BC/DR functions and deliverables.
- Manage a team and associated consultants in their duties to deliver BC/DR capabilities (lead/supervise/manage 2-5 employees).
- 7 - 10 years of experience in related field preferred.
- College degree or equivalent with emphasis on Computer Science courses.
- Candidate should have experience Managing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery efforts and programs in fortune 500 size companies.
- Requires great inter-personal, executive communications and budget planning and management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project, etc.).
- Expert level of project and program management.
- Certified as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) from the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) is a plus.