Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by Making A Difference Foundation
Under the direction of the President and CEO, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll twice monthly, financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. Maintains an average of 50 rental accounts and performs monthly billing of rent and related fees.
Desired individual will have advanced experience with Quick books online, experience working in the nonprofit setting, an outgoing and friendly personality, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail and ability to work well with others
Responsibilities, includes but does not limit to:
* Processes payroll at the close of pay periods (5th and 20th of each month); prepares, records and distributes paychecks. Processes state and federal payroll tax deposits and reports in a timely manner.
* Performs monthly billing of tenants.
Issues checks for bills and employee reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized.
* Pays monthly health insurance bill and reconciles with payroll; pays quarterly workers compensation.
* Reconciles bank accounts and provides reports to President and CEO monthly; keeps clear records of all tenants activity and alerts President and CEO to past-due accounts in a timely manner.
* Proactively maintains highly organized filing system; files invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records.
* Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
* Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned by President and CEO.
* Lifting, bending, reaching, and stooping to gather files.
* Advanced proficiency in Quick books online. Nonprofit experience a plus
* Associate's degree (AA/AS) or equivalent; three to five years' related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Additional proficiency in Windows and Macintosh operating systems and with Microsoft Office 2014, Excel, Google Docs and Internet Explorer/Firefox
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
* Strong mathematical skills
* Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels. Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Understanding of and commitment to our organization's mission
* Five years of experience within related programs is preferred
Benefits: DOE. Medical, Dental, vision, 2 week vacation, sick time, 403 retirement, 15 holidays, bonuses, uber and cell phone credit. Must have flexible schedule and be available up to 40 hours a week. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurance and able to pass a drug test. Previous experience is a plus. Please provide a cover letter outlining work experience and wage preference. This job is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT Position.
MADF is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. To learn more about the organization please visit [