Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by Status Solutions, LLC
We have lots of different job titles, but to us, it is less about the title and more about the mission and cultural fit. You dont get hired at Status Solutions to do a set of tasks; you get hired to help us fulfill our mission of defeating ignorance-based loss. You will have a specific role once you get hired, but if you have the ability to help in any area of the business, you have a responsibility to help. We win as a team and we lose as a team, so we are ultimately all responsible for the outcomes of the team, whether or not they fall within a defined role or set of tasks.
A Bookkeeper does require a specific set of skills and will have a specific set of tasks, which are outlined below. First and foremost, however, you will be an employee of Status Solutions, and are expected to live and embody our values and help us fulfill our mission.
We are looking for individuals who:
* Customer First: we are outcome focused and believe in leaving the situation better than we found it, creating a win/win for all stakeholders. We develop and maintain trusted partnerships with our customers, inspiring loyalty and mutual respect.
* Evangelical: we use our confidence and charisma to transfer ideas with energy and enthusiasm. We hope we can help, and we are enthusiastic to try. We do not fear the chaos. We are believable because we believe in what we are doing.
* Competitive: we are driven and _hate_ to lose. We are hungry, ambitious, and energized by a challenge.
* Smart: we strive to understand the strategy and execute the plan. We are receptive to learning, we are coachable, and we know how much we dont know. We are willing to make a change, in the business or in ourselves, to improve outcomes. We are resourceful; we figure it out and get it done, whatever it takes. We follow it through and are reliable.
* Tough: we are passionate, relentless, and persistent. We are always on and run with a high motor. We are resilient, and dont let a challenge overwhelm us. We recognize that its business; its not personal.
* Honest: we are honest with others in the moment, and we call it like it is without sugarcoating because if one of us improves, we all improve. We are honest with ourselves. We have self-awareness, we are willing to admit when we are wrong, and we do it with humility. We separate our emotions from the facts. We act with integrity, and take the high road _because_ it is harder. If not me, who? If not now, when?
At a high level, the Bookkeeper is responsible for daily transactional accounting. This position will work closely with the Director of Finance and the Finance Manager to ensure proper accounting procedures are followed.
Some of the tasks you will be responsible for:
* Assist Finance Manager in recording, reconciling, and auditing accounting data.
* Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payment and processing of semi-monthly payroll, commission payments, and other forms of direct compensation to employees.
* Prepare bank deposits and reconciliations.
* Post transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements and/or accounts payable and receivable to ledger accounts.
* Prepare checks for payment, arrange for signing, and prepare for mailing.
* Follow up with delinquent accounts to ensure prompt payment.
* Mange and assist with invoicing activities.
* Prepare daily contract report to be sent to entire organization.
* Perform clerical duties as needed.
* Operate in a mindset of continuous improvement and strive to enhance current processes and create efficiencies.
Who are we?
Since 2001, Status Solutions has been the pioneering provider of situational awareness technologies. Our mission is to defeat ignorance-based loss using situational awareness technology to protect people and property. Our customized software solutions ensure the right information reaches the right people at the right time, because RIGHT NOW matters most.
Our ultimate purpose is to help people, so if you thrive in a small, entrepreneurial environment, where you will be making life-changing contributions to society, we want to talk to you.
* Two or four year degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline; or equivalent work experience
* Technologically savvy individual capable of learning and utilizing our innovative technology suite and position specific accounting software
* Salesforce and Intacct experience highly desired
* Excellent phone and face-to-face communication skills
* Detail-oriented and task-driven, highly organized and efficient
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, GoToMeeting
* Full time position
* Salary range commensurate with experience
* Eligibility for quarterly company bonus pool
* Company-paid employee medical, dental, and life/AD&D insurance
* Generous paid-time off policy
* Ten paid company holidays
* 401(k) match starting six months after start date
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.