Posted on Jan 14, 2021 by Goshen Bookkeeping & Consulting, LLC
Goshen Bookkeeping & Consulting (GBC) is a boutique accounting and consulting firm whose mission is to empower, educate, and transform nonprofits and service-based small businesses to build sustainable profits. We connect the gaps between people, technology, and accounting. We are headquartered in Atlanta, GA, and serving a highly diverse community of 80% BIPOC and women-led organizations nationwide.
We are growing and looking to hire a USA based problem-solver and experienced Bookkeeper excited to help our clients thrive with sustainable profits to create a positive change globally continuously.
This individual will be responsible for executing a comprehensive accounting system, including a set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of reporting, and ensure the organization adheres to GAAP, tax compliance, and other regulations.
The ideal candidate will create high-quality client interactions and experiences for our clients, instilling confidence using deep customer empathy and your accounting expertise.
The successful candidate will be adaptable, resourceful, tech-savvy, and a strong team player. They will have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to embracing cloud technology.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer. This role is remote with required hours based on the eastern standard time zone. We use video calling and maintain a professional image while serving small businesses and nonprofit organizations across the country.
* Oversee the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, asset management, and depreciation for clients
* Prepare and book payroll allocations and overhead costs to projects, programs, and grants for clients
* Manage the monthly and annual accounting close process and schedule, including journal entries, accruals, including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to support subsidiary records for clients
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, attending educational workshops, and establishing personal networks
* Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for clients
* Ensure that the daily financial and accounting functions are following GAAP and all applicable regulatory requirements, including those set forth by the Federal Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and legal rules and regulations for nonprofit organizations
* Work closely with the CEO, operations team, and other client leaders to ensure client happiness
* Participate in and lead learning opportunities to enhance the individual, team, and organizational performance in support of the GBC's operations and accounting infrastructure
* Respond to client inquires and questions
* Perform special projects as needed and requested
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or equivalent
* 2+ years of progressive accounting working with nonprofit organizations and small businesses
* Expert with technology such as LastPass, Zoom, MS Office, G-Suite, Asana, Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, QuickBooks Online, Xero, and many more
* Strong customer service skills - ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a way that is professional and friendly
* Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with minimal supervision
* Accuracy and attention to detail are required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
* Have reliable high-speed internet and cellphone
* Must be able to work primarily during regular business hours - Monday through Friday (Eastern Time)
* Paid time off
* Flexible work schedule
* Company Laptop and office supplies
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.