Chief Technology Officer / Senior Python Developer
Posted on Jan 13, 2021 by 89up
89up is an award winning agency founded with a clear mission: to create a powerful integrated communications agency for the world's most important causes. We help the good guys achieve great things, whether they are charities, political campaigns or commercial organisations.
Our agency team is made up of PR, social media experts, content producers as well our Labs developer team, giving non-profits and commercial clients a big agency experience with boutique agency dedication.
89up's Labs team comprises Drupal and Python developers, designers and account management team. We have built websites and apps for a range of not-for-profit clients as well as working with a range of political clients. Our developers don't just build websites, we build tools to make PR and social more effective. We host and maintain all of the sites above (and more) on virtualised infrastructure.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a senior Python developer and devops guru to become our new CTO here at 89up. We need someone to bring our incredible new piece of campaigning software, Start A Fire beyond MVP to the next level.
Start A Fire has the potential to launch campaigns across the world to help good causes. We need you to lead a team to help us take our product from the current beta version to the best campaigning software anywhere on earth.
You will also need to have solid experience in devops server administration on Linux. You will oversee our server infrastructure at Digital Ocean, and work alongside our Drupal developers, design and account team to proactively support our live and staging environments with an aim to streamline and optimise processes.
You should apply if:
- You want your code to change the world
- You want to work with absolutely incredible (and nice) people
- You want the chance to grow in a company with a flat structure
- You want to work on some of the world's most exciting and inspiring campaigns
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
- A Python expert - you must love python
- We're not interested in academic qualifications - nice if you have - but ultimately we are really looking for a hard-core coder
- Ability to make recommendations on features and broad architecture
- An expert understanding of cloud technologies and the services provided by the major players in cloud offerings
- Our stack includes Python, PostgreSQL/MySQL, SQLAlchemy, and Flask - we'd like to see evidence of knowledge here
- Email server administration (particularly Exim) - This is an important function of Start A Fire so we want to see evidence of your experience
- Sound Knowledge of Unix based systems / architectures, including:
- Web services: Apache/SSL/HTTPS
- Linux Administration (Debian/Ubuntu & derivatives)
- Linux command-line skills
- Containerisation tools (Docker/Docker Swarm)
- Automation Technologies and Tools
- Knowledge of security & networking best practices, including firewalls & intrusion detection systems.
- Security of connected Services, cloud-based services and remote services
Some nice skills to have include:
- Knowledge of Drupal
- Development of CI/CD Tools and Pipelines
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Understanding of the Facebook API
- Any related Cloud Certifications
- Enterprise Level Linux Certification
Personality Attributes & Requirements:
- Strong communication and collaboration Skills.
- Strong project management skills to oversee the implementation of our software projects
- You will have strong numeracy and literacy skills, be methodical, innovative, take initiative and work collaboratively within a team
- You are experienced in working in Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Efficient with time management to achieve deadlines whilst being cool headed and open to new initiatives.
- Customer-Centric Mindset
- Passion and Proactivity
What we are offering
- A competitive salary
- Plenty of scope to develop your career in a fast-growth business
- Working with a friendly fun team with purpose
89up are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £35k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£32k - £40k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual