Posted on Jan 13, 2021 by Global-Pak, Inc.
Maintenance Technician Job Description
Summary: Must be skilled at performing maintenance duties on equipment and building repairs, and cleaning. Required to upkeep all equipment and building systems to ensure facilities are functional, efficient and tidy. Reliability, manual dexterity, physical stamina, and a keen eye for detail will allow you to excel in this position. Experience in maintenance and equipment is helpful.
Maintenance Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform cleaning activities such as floor scrubbing, warehouse upkeep.
- Sewing machine repair and preventative maintenance. Repair of computer controlled sewing equipment.
- Perform or coordinate general building maintenance such as repairing damaged doors, broken locks, lights etc.
- Correct electrical issues as needed or coordinate repairs.
- Install equipment as needed.
- Perform and/or coordinate property upkeep such as mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, installing, and repairing shelving.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations.
- Regular upkeep of restrooms, air filters, water filtration, and septic tanks.
- Able to maintain and clean both electric and propane forklifts.
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
Skills: Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, Experience using hand and electrical tools, Ability to read technical manuals and drawings, Strong communication and interpersonal skills, Physical stamina and dexterity to work with heavy machines.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position or successful completion of an apprenticeship is recommended.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.