Posted on Jan 11, 2021 by Edissero Ltd
Are you a highly motivated localisation manager looking for your next challenge? Can you help to deliver our client's products to international markets quickly and efficiently? Can you define a localisation strategy that will produce high impact results and shorten time-to-market, reduce costs and help the company achieve its global business objectives? Would you enjoy managing a globally dispersed team? Then look no further as this could be the role for you!
In this exciting and varied role you will be working with our client, a leading innovator of revolutionary healthcare equipment, to:
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements.
- Source, hire, and onboard localisation vendors and manage the relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Track your own budgets and establish, monitor and analyse production quality.
- Present regular reports on progress and forecast of your project team's work status, escalating issues and evaluating needed support
When life returns to normal and travel is opened up again, you will be required to travel internationally at times to support your teams and projects.
- A minimum of three years' localisation management experience, ideally within a medical, scientific, engineering or technology company.
- Qualifications in languages, linguistics, business, programming, engineering or technology-based subjects or equivalent industrial experience.
- Solid knowledge of modern localisation techniques using translation memories and associated software.
- Demonstrable aptitude for strategic thinking and the ability to implement through others.
- Proven abilities in project planning, resource and risk management.
- Ability to adapt to changes in scope, manage competing demands, and change your approach or method to best fit the situation
- Ability to manage a remote team to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Solid understanding of database concepts, data manipulation and statistical analysis.
- Hands on experience with Globalization Management Systems, such as WorldServer and SDL TMS.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple localisation projects at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage: translation memory tools (Trados, SDLX) and translation tools (Passolo), Advanced Excel, Agile methodologies.