Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Jan 11, 2021 by ITech Consult
Senior Software Engineer - software development, C++ and C#, medical device industry, English and German, RabbitMQ, SpecFlow, Event-Driven Architecture
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer. The Position We are looking for a qualified and Senior Software Engineer for 12 months with an
option for extension (external contract).
We try to strengthen the software team within an interdisciplinary department of software, electronics, mechanical and test engineers. In this challenging position, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop Instrument Control software, Service software and Instrument Management SW for the Cobas 6800/8800 instruments.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, who is both, deadline focused and thorough in the approach to work.
The Instrument Control software is Real Time in nature and is developed in C++ using an existing Real Time framework with low-level hardware drivers and is tested using both real and simulated hardware, while the Service software and Instrument Management software is developed in C# using .NET and unit level test cases are written in SpecFlow and it is Event-Driven Architecture
Areas of responsibility:
* Proactive participation in all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing and bug fixing and maintenance.
* Collaboration within the Scrum-Teams
* Independent interaction with internal framework manufacturers
* Based on requirements and models, definition of software architecture, design and specifications, ultimately leading to implementation
* Participation in the definition of work packages, their estimation and planning in a sprint-based agile environment
* Adherence to a software development process including contribution to written deliverables and documentation
Professional and technical requirements:
Developers with an interest in interdisciplinary and hardware focussed applications as well as electronic engineer with a strong backgrounds and interest in software development are encouraged to apply
* University education in a software related field such as software or electrical engineering
* A minimum of 5 years' experience with C++ and C#
* First experience working in regulated environments such as the medical device industry
* Fluent in English and German
Nice to Haves:
* Basic Scripting knowledge would be an advantage
* RabbitMQ knowledge would be an advantage
* SpecFlow knowledge would be an advantage
* Event-Driven Architecture knowledge would be an advantage
Reference no: 919953 AD
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.