Posted on Jan 11, 2021 by Nicoll Curtin Technology
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Python Engineer to build impactful software applications and processes for trading compliance, compliance, regulatory demands. A candidate who is passionate about their work with a focus on raising development velocity, reducing manual toil, and increasing observability and reliability of our key applications.
The successful candidate will have daily interactions with trading technology teams and compliance officers.
Locations are New York and Chicago.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software following best practices to allow for reusability, maintainability, and scalability
- Produce clean, testable code with associated unit tests, plus contribute to the high reliability, availability, and performance of applications
- Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle, including the ownership of the automation of repetitive tasks and resolution of systematic issues
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience in at least one modern structured programming language, ideally Python
- Experience with Ansible, Salt, Puppet, or competing technologies; good understanding of software development life cycle and change management
- Strong understanding of database systems such as MS SQL Server or another enterprise DBMS.
- Hands-on development using messaging paradigms (Tibco, Kafka); managing highly reliable large scale systems a bonus
- A passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology, and inventing new approaches to hard problems