Scrum Master/IT Technical Project Manager
Posted on Jan 10, 2021 by Experis AG
Scrum Master /IT Technical Project Manager
Experis IT is Europe's leading IT recruitment agency. We are dedicated to connecting talented individuals with Business opportunities across a number of professional sectors, with IT being at the heart of our operations.
For one of our clients, specialized in the pharmaceutical area with HQ in Basel we are looking for a Scrum Master with experience in Technical project management.
This is a one year contracting position starting in February until the end of June 2021 with extension possibilities.
This position is for a strong scrum master with a solid background in Technical Project Management.
As scrum master you will be leading a team that is in transition from a traditional waterfall delivery model to a product-centric, scaled agile framework.
You have a strong enough foundation in Agile methodologies to guide a transitional team as well as provide technical project management where needed as we close skill gaps and phase out unneeded processes.
- Manage and optimize the flow of product value using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans, boards, trackers
- Works closely with the Product team (Product Manager, Release Train Engineer, Product Owner(s), developers, Business Analysts, technical resources, and other stakeholders
- Organize, manage and facilitate the scrum process and ceremonies; daily stand-ups, demos, retrospectives, grooming and planning meetings, etc.
- Help the Product Owner/Product Manager keep the product backlog in good shape and groomed/ready for sprint planning
- Act as a subject matter expert and coach to the team in Agile methodology, tool usage, decision making process following the proper guidelines
- Resolves team impediments with the other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the product-centric delivery approach in the organization
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediment
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and Solution Architects/Engineering
- Work with Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Work with the Release Train Engineer on program execution and operational excellence
- Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
- Foster use of engineering and Built-In Quality practice
- Identify gaps in process and skills and help bridge the transition of the organization to scaled agile, product-centric deliver
- Help manage other special projects within the domain as assigned
- 10+ years' experience in project management
- 8+ years' experience in the management of complex technical projects
- 4+ year's project development experience on an Agile Team
- Has successfully led large-scale software projects (with multiple tracks of work and teams in multiple locations) from concept to delivers
- Has already implemented agile systems in ongoing business areas
- Healthcare software background within a regulated environment, International teamwork or global functional experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills and experience with managing senior stakeholders
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken)
- Flexible working hours: Late evenings working with US Timezone
- Strong skills in leading teams, problem-solving, influencing, teamwork, initiative and communication.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GxP relevant systems
- Experience with deployment of cloud and SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of Diagnostics business
- Experience supporting research laboratory execution informatics
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus
Start Date: 01/02/2021
End date: 30/06/2021