Data Modeler (Data Vault 2.0)
Posted on Jan 9, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Not Specified, Belgium
Role: Data Modeller - Data Vault 2.0
- 10+ years of IT exp with 6+ in Datamodelling experience
- Expert in Data modelling: Data Vault 2.0, Dimensional modelling & 3NF modelling
Expert in Modelling on cloudera platform using Data vault, Dimensional Modelling
- Ability to engage with business stakeholders
- Structured approach to Business requirement gathering
- Ability to break down business requirements into KPIs, Dimensions and Facts
- Design experience in ER diagrams, logical model (relationship, cardinality, attributes, and candidate keys) and physical database creation (capacity planning, object creation and aggregation strategies) as per business requirements.
- Experience in Data Catalogue and Lineage implementations
- Proficient in ETL architecture, Data warehousing patterns (Kimball/Inmon etc)
- Working knowledge of Datamodelling tools ie Wherescape 3D, SAP Powerdesigner, Erwin
- Expertise to work closely to define the data strategies and build data flows between source and target
- Knowledge of T-SQL and associated performance tuning
- Snowflake/Teradata/Azure Synapse
- Can work efficiently in collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, develop and deploy database models for application development to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Work closely with business and application development team to develop, define and maintain different abstract layers of data models like conceptual data model, logical data model etc.
- Perform data analysis and data modelling for operational application and analytical databases
- Conduct data modelling JAD sessions and communicate data-related standards.
- Identify different SOR's and the related entities and attributes to map to target data models
- Work closely with Business Information Architects and other technical and business architects to enable the development of the Integrated Information Capability Roadmap.
- Identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain.
- Provides consulting and guidance regarding the usage of the enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
- Suggest and implement improvements in architecture, team processes and functions.