GIS Data Librarian
Posted on Jan 9, 2021 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Data Librarian for tagging of documents, files and databases, etc. with the correct metadata or keywords.
Responsibilities of the Data Librarian are to organize and maintain asset folder structures in all systems.
- Conduct the daily management of information for upload into company specific software.
- Maximize discovery of data by enhancing documents and images with metadata.
- Manage life cycle of documents and image assets after creation.
- Aid in the overall enrichment of the metadata life cycle.
- Classify data and manage cross references to other divisions.
- Refine existing requirements for implementation of current documents into current digital asset management system to support existing plans.
- Collaborate with different groups to create standards and procedures for tagging new content.
- Create and implement a taxonomy.
- Review previously scanned data separate files according to folder structure, add appropriate metadata, and file according to existing requirements. Requirements of the Data Librarian
- BA/BS required; MLS in Library Science preferred.
- Experience with geospatial analysis (GIS) and data visualization projects.
- Experience with open-source and web-based GIS tools, such as ArcGIS Online, or other similar packages.
- Must be able to work effectively with documentation, numbering systems, terms, acronyms, filing systems
- Experience with institutional or subject repository systems.
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".