Cloud Architect (Azure/AWS)
Posted on Jan 9, 2021 by Simpson Booth Ltd.
If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative progressive environment...If the answers are YES, take a look at what we have to tell you!
An ideal candidate will have a achieved a senior level position as an enterprise architect and successful track record in management consulting, (professional services firms or cloud software company), focused on technology strategy, governance, data and solution design.
What You Get To Do In This Role
In partnership with other leaders in the company, you will focus on delivering cloud solutions using AWS, Azure and as a key member of Architecture group, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
- Participate in the design of the infrastructure and services.
- Develop the tools required to automatically deploy, update, and monitor the infrastructure.
- Develop code for extensive infrastructure testing.
- Manage continuous deployment and configuration management.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Understanding of cloud offerings, cloud technologies, and experience with Azure and AWS
- Design and define cloud architectural solutions and oversee the implementations
As a DevOps Solution Architect your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- 7+ years of experience in Software engineering including application development. At least two year experience in cloud, Kubernetes and DevOps engineering
- Extensive knowledge of software development and testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices in multiple environments.
- Good knowledge of Cloud services, Kubernetes, networking, databases, Middleware, web services and related standards
- Professional experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools - Ansible, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, etc, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes). OpenShift is a plus
- Experience with CaaS: AKS, AWS ECS/EKS, OpenShift
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Azure DevOps, etc)
- Strong familiarity with GIT and other version control systems as software configuration management and Source Code Management tools.
- Deep programming experience with some programming language (like .net, Java, Python, YAML, SQL)
- Excellent Linux skills
- Demonstrated architecture design experience.