Posted on Jan 9, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
The Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) function centrally establishes and monitors compliance policies, guidelines, procedures and controls related to Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Corruption, Anti-Fraud, and Sanctions. It also provides subject matter expertise across these areas and is responsible for the execution of controls in respect of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and the running of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
The projects dealing with Client Lifecycle from a Compliance Perspective, including topics such as Client Risk, Client Due Diligence, Tax Evasion Risk, Negative News etc.
- Project Planning & tracking
- Stakeholder communication
- Syndicating with key counterparts globally in compliance and business organizations
- Supporting the rollout of projects globally
- Reporting and MI
- Driving project execution to meet deadlines
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
Direct Team will comprise of 3 people, located in Zurich. The overall FCC Client Lifecycle Projects team is 8-10 people also located on Zurich.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Communicating with people on different organizational levels, achieving consensus, stakeholder communication and convincing the Front Office.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-7 year experience of working as a business Project Manager
- 3+ years' experience with Data Analytics/Programming (gathering data, filtering them, put into same format and produce calculations),
- Practical experience in MS Office tools especially PowerPoint - good at visualizing concepts; Excel - Pivot tables, V Look Ups (no macros needed)
- Excellent communication skills
- Open-minded team-player with the ability to work with people from a different cultural background
- Fluent English language skills, both written and spoken
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with banking applications is a plus
- German language skills (spoken & written) are a plus
- University degree in Computer Science or related subjects
- 5+ years living in Switzerland as the roles are sensitive
- Excellent Presentation skills (storyboarding/PPT creation) and proven experience with communication to senior management
Candidate Value Proposition:
This role provides an excellent opportunity to work in the Financial Crime and Compliance Organization. The organization has industry experts and Subject Matter Experts, thereby offering an immense opportunity to learn about Compliance and engage in highly active discussions over topics spanning geographies and covering multiple compliance scopes. As one of the leaders in the Swiss AML/Compliance space, new and innovative controls and measures are being developed and put into place by our organization. This role provides a remarkable opportunity to be a part of this journey.
If you think this could be the right role for you, please feel free to apply online or please contact Agnieszka Wojcik directly (see below).