Senior Infrastructure Architect - Mainframe
Posted on Jan 8, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Infrastructure Architect Mainframe. The client is looking for someone who came up through Mainframe systems program z/OS and they must have experience/knowledge of RMF, SAS, MXG, MICS, CICS, DB2, MQ, ACF2 Top Secret, and RACE. This person will help bring the client to new technology data virtualization and analytics. They need experience with AI/ML technologies.
- Be an integral part of the Global Product Engineering bringing significant advances to the Company Mainframe products portfolio
- Work closely with Mainframe product management team to understand the strategic direction, priorities, and needs of our company and our customers.
- Design and refine solutions that meet the needs of our clients while aligning with the technology strategy of the company
- Work on new ideas/technology and do R&D/POC testing to create new products/solutions.
- Be responsible for the design, build, test, automation and documentation of Mainframe solutions using agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams as needed when new products are developed and tested
- Create technical product documentation, training to Operations and other technical teams for incremental Mainframe services
- Providing Technical Advice and Governance for Service Introduction processes
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a large-scale IT environments
- Strong hands-on experience with installation and configuration of Mainframe products and software
- 6-8+ years' experience in design & implementation of Mainframe solutions
- Previous experience designing integrated solutions, including technical documentation, testing, validation, and problem resolution
- Ability to create vendor technical evaluation criteria and test plans for Mainframe technologies
Required technology expertise
- Core Mainframe experience needed in:
- Knowledge of Mainframe subsystems
- Installation knowledge of ISV SW and IBM product
- Fluent in JCL
- Knowledge of catalog structures, LPAR sysplexes, and resource sharing.
- Proficient with RMF, SAS, MXG, MICS, and system monitors to perform z/OS and subsystem performance analysis, with conceptual knowledge of CICS, DB2, MQ, and other RDBMS solutions.
- SMF/RMF expertise
- Knowledge of ACF2, Top Secret and RACF login ID's, dataset and resource rules.
- Excellent TSO, JCL, IBM UTILITIES, JES2, and ISPF a must
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with the use of IBM's SMP/E.
- Data virtualization and analytics
- Experience with AI/ML technologies
- Experience working with and integrating with vendor APIs
- Experience with agile concepts models
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelors degree in information systems, computer science or work related experience