Posted on Jan 8, 2021 by Triad Resourcing
Our client is looking for a GIS Professional to work within a large GIS team. The main purpose of the role will be to assist with the identification, specification, development, and implementation of GIS solutions to meet our client's business requirements.
€40,000 - €50,000 per annum, depending on experience
The standard working hours will be 38.75 hours per week. The daily working hours are between 8.30 am to 5.15 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 2.45 pm on Fridays. Flexibility regarding start and finish times is possible in agreement with your line manager.
The successful candidate will have a choice of location, either Portlaoise or Dublin, Ireland.
For the duration of COVID restrictions, you will be working remotely. There will be a requirement to work on-site when restrictions come to an end.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital Gym
- University degree or equivalent in GIS or Remote Sensing.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in desktop GIS and the associated spatial analysis tools.
- Knowledge in applying statistical and GIS methods to the analysis of data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent English language knowledge is mandatory.
At least 3 years' industry experience in GIS is an essential requirement, including:
- Experience in spatial analysis using the ESRI ArcGIS enterprise suite of products.
- Experience in undertaking User Requirements Analysis for Enterprise GIS.
- Exposure to other desktop GIS software (eg FME, QGIS, MapInfo).
- Experience in the deployment and use of web-based GIS technologies.
- Knowledge of databases and GIS systems integration (ArcGIS Server/ArcSDE, Portal), SQL Server.
- Experience in the use and/or provision of GIS applications or services to central and local government/private sectors.
- Experience in the application of statistical methods and/or GIS data to model real-world problems.
Experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Working with python and/or FME.
- Creation of SQL scripts, SQL Views and/or creating and scheduling jobs in SQL Server Agent for use in spatial analysis.
- Familiarity with European legislation relating to GIS (eg INSPIRE Directive, Water Framework Directive, Noise etc.).
- Working with environmental data sets.
- Remote sensing.
If this role is of interest to you, or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham, or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.