Recent College Graduates: Supply Chain Materials Planner
Posted on Jan 8, 2021 by FAREVA Morton Grove
Fareva Morton Grove is a contract manufacture of personal care and beauty consumer goods . The word Fareva means "Faire Rêver" (Make you dream) in Ardechois, the local dialect of the south east of France, the region where Fareva is based.
Fareva Associates are talented professionals who excel at providing our customers with cutting-edge expertise, technology and world class service.
At Fareva, Associate engagement and inclusion are workplace fundamentals. Our Associates are held to a high standard and are guided by the principles of honestly, fairness, respect, confidentiality and trust. We value our Associates and recognize that our workforce is key to our success. As such, we are committed to providing our Associates with rewarding career opportunities.
Fareva Morton Grove currently is looking to add a materials planner to the team.
The Materials Planner plays a vital role of procuring, releasing and expediting the proper level of raw ingredients and/or to support the Finished Goods Planner's Capacity plan and the Finite Scheduler's weekly Production plan. This position requires effective coordination with the Finished Goods Planner, Finite Scheduler, Sourcing and Vendor contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the Material Requirement Plan to calculate the raw ingredients and/or Components needed to support demands.
- Must analyze production demands daily and react within constraints of basic inventory control. (e.g. Evaluating most cost effective source of supply and determine method of transportation.)
- Develop and issue material requirement to your supplier base
- Review for shortfalls in material contracts within designated lead-time; and reorder quantities
- Coordinate and expedite raw material and/or component deliveries.
- Develops vendor-scheduling report.
- Report and Maintain material inventory targets
- Initiates shipping documents to vendor, exports and other laboratories.
- Blanket Order maintenance and review.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree Required
- One year experience with MRP II system a plus
- APICS and CPM certification is a plus.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (excel, word, etc)
- Must be detail oriented and yet comprehend which issues to prioritize and which details to monitor
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively function within diversified teams.
- Must set a priority on customer satisfaction and a sense of urgency.
- Must constantly look for ways to improve a process in order to reduce lead-time and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Must display the ability to address issues at a senior management level.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in a rapidly changing business environment.
Location Address: 6901 Golf Road Morton Grove, IL 60053
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.