Recent College Graduates : Packaging Supervisor 2nd Shift
Posted on Jan 8, 2021 by FAREVA Morton Grove
Fareva Morton Grove is a contract manufacture of personal care and beauty consumer goods. The word Fareva means "Faire Rêver" (Make you dream) in Ardechois, the local dialect of the south east of France, the region where Fareva is based.
Fareva Associates are talented professionals who excel at providing our customers with cutting-edge expertise, technology and world class service.
At Fareva, Associate engagement and inclusion are workplace fundamentals. Our Associates are held to a high standard and are guided by the principles of honestly, fairness, respect, confidentiality and trust. We value our Associates and recognize that our workforce is key to our success. As such, we are committed to providing our Associates with rewarding career opportunities.
Fareva Morton Grove currently is looking to add a 2nd Shift Packaging Supervisor to the team.
Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 40 hourly Associates and 40 packaging lines throughout the assigned shift. This includes ensuring that all safety, quality, regulatory and productivity standards are met. It also includes that production schedules are executed. Supervisor is responsible for building a cohesive team through positive recognition, coaching and, when necessary, progressive discipline. Additionally, this role will is also responsible for championing packaging continuous improvement initiatives.
• Ensure all finished goods are produced in a timely manner to meet the planned and emergency requirements of customers.
• Operate the Packaging Shift in an efficient manner to insure all production and testing is done at minimum cost consistent with quality, safety, service, and regulatory compliance requirements. Cost control responsibilities include direct, overhead, overtime and material scrap.
• Uphold and improve quality/safety/production standards.
• Resolve issues that arise regarding schedule execution, labor productivity, service, quality, regulatory compliance and safety.
• Lead internal teams to execute the annual strategic plans.
• Interact with Packaging Director in development and execution of the strategic plan as well as other problem solving /transformation teams.
• Develop and maintains an effective, high-morale, highly-engaged work force.
• Pursue employee development through training, empowerment, and recognition utilizing the Performance Management Process.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to hourly Associates to further their development in current role.
• Work with team to set SMART goals, objectives and KPIs in accordance with the organization's goals.
• Responsible for staff management including hiring, training, coaching and development, recognition, progressive discipline up to and including termination.
• Communicate frequently and timely required information to all hourly Associates in an effective matter.
• Directly manage non-exempt staff following Avon's values, principles and policies.
• Demonstrate creative cost saving approaches to completing and improving tasks and processes.
• Utilize hourly Associate teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
• Enforce operating procedures and systems to meet safety, quality, service, and regulatory compliance requirements of internal and external customers, and regulatory agencies, including, OSHA and the FDA.
• Ensure safety and GMP compliance.
• Bachelor's degree preferably in a technical field such as engineering or science.
• Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus.
• Experience in a supervisory role managing 10 or more Associates a plus
• Ability to effectively communicate to groups of 45+ Associates and to communicate with Associates one on one.
• Must be able to deliver strong schedule execution and show sustainable improvement in KPIs and have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must be able to partner with Supervisors in other departments.
• Must be able to make immediate decisions with limited information and rapid assimilation of facts.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and take on multiple projects at one time. Must be able to work weekends when required.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.